[Openicc] accepted for Google Summer of Code 2010

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Apr 28 11:06:33 PDT 2010

Hello all,

Google officially announced the list of accepted students.

For OpenICC will work Joe Simon on the "ICC Examin Library" project. Goal
is to get ICC profile details from somewhere in a more or less generic
manner and render into painless visual exchange formats for toolkit
independent presentation.

Amit Kumar was accepted with his proposal for "Adding a Regression
Analysis Based Monitor Profiling". It aims to allow for more advanced and
precise profiling with LProf the open source profiler UI.

Yiannis Belias took the "API stabilization for Oyranos Colour Management
System" project with the goal to release the stable parts of the
Oyranos libraries with a supportable API/API.

We recieved as well many other interessting proposals. Unfortunedly where
the number of projects slots too few to cover all promising projects.
But I am afraid that applies to many organisations.

Thanks to all students for their proposals.

To keep the OpenICC list traffic moderate, the most of the public GSoC
related email can be sent to and read on the according project lists of
LProf and Oyranos. For the later it is: