[Openicc] accepted for Google Summer of Code 2010

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:12:40 PDT 2010

On 4/28/10, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> For OpenICC will work Joe Simon on the "ICC Examin Library" project. Goal
> is to get ICC profile details from somewhere in a more or less generic
> manner and render into painless visual exchange formats for toolkit
> independent presentation.

Great, I'd love to have it in G-C-M at some point.

> Amit Kumar was accepted with his proposal for "Adding a Regression
> Analysis Based Monitor Profiling". It aims to allow for more advanced and
> precise profiling with LProf the open source profiler UI.

This is great, but I fail to understand where LProf stands now. There
have been no releases for ages (last version is 1.11.4, released in
June 2006). Is it in state of being any ready for at least
intermediate/preliminary release, a technology preview or anything
like that? Is last year's project integrated?

> Yiannis Belias took the "API stabilization for Oyranos Colour Management
> System" project with the goal to release the stable parts of the
> Oyranos libraries with a supportable API/API.

Cool :)

Alexandre