[Openicc] Converting LUTs to ICC profiles

Gresham Lochner greshamlochner at gmail.com
Sun May 2 22:07:46 PDT 2010

Hey all,

    I had a question regarding the process of converting LUTs to ICC
Profiles. Currently I've tried using the utilities (create_CLUT_profile
and create_display_profile   ) in the SampleICC-1.5.0 release and having
difficulty getting proper results.  I'm generating luts using Light
Illusion and when I apply the .icc in photoshop, I'm getting extremely
wacked out colors (neon blue or dark, dark black).  I've looked at the
help options for the utilities and they don't seem to give a lot of
detail about the incoming .txt file required.  I've tried different file
types, 1D luts, 3D luts, and still nothing close to what should be color
accurate.  Does anyone have an example for this? Perhaps an image, a
lut, and a proper ICC generated and some more detailed information on
the process?

Thanks much,

- Gresham