[Openicc] Google Summer of Code 2009: Oyranos CUPS backend

Max Derhak max.derhak at onyxgfx.com
Mon May 17 08:39:46 PDT 2010

As Chris Murphy pointed out, I would be wary of assuming a one to one
relationship between a printer and a single profile.  Potentially each
media, output resolution, and halftoning strategy needs to have a
different profile.  Ideally you want to have something that allows all
the printing condition settings to select the profile.

My understanding is that this doesn't lend itself to using PPD's easily.

Max Derhak
Senior Software Architect
max.derhak at onyxgfx.com