[Openicc] Google Summer of Code 2009: Oyranos CUPS backend

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon May 17 09:06:17 PDT 2010

A spooler is not required to pass a ICC profile from a remote location to
a local host. This is still very much needed to support local proofing.

Given that CUPS' cupsICCProfile is just a name without garantee to see the
profile in applications, embedding seems the only option? Or how could it
be made a requirement to obtain the profile?