[Openicc] Fedora CM, was: Google Summer of Code . . .

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu May 20 19:47:20 PDT 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010, Richard Hughes wrote:

> On 20 May 2010 18:35, Markus Raab <openicc at markus-raab.org> wrote:
>> So you judge a project only by how many discussion it has and not by its code?
>
> Yes. How active the mailing list is usually a pretty good indication
> of the state of the community. I don't care how super sexy code is if
> the original maintainer has gone AWOL and nobody is fixing bugs and
> working with other projects.

This an interesting perception of things.  Based on this, libjpeg
should not have been used since it lacked maintainership for 11 years.
Regardless, hundreds of millions of computers did not seem to care
about the lack of maintainership.  Some other quite heavily used
libraries also see minimal maintenance. Based on this, I think that
your idea does not hold water.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn