[Openicc] Fedora CM, was: Google Summer of Code . . .

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:04:10 PDT 2010

On 20 May 2010 18:35, Markus Raab <openicc at markus-raab.org> wrote:
> So you judge a project only by how many discussion it has and not by its code?

Yes. How active the mailing list is usually a pretty good indication
of the state of the community. I don't care how super sexy code is if
the original maintainer has gone AWOL and nobody is fixing bugs and
working with other projects.

> Have you heard of cross-desktop? Unfortunately C++ and QtCore is a no-go for
> Gnome's core and GObject is not a good choice for kde.

I've heard of freedesktop. I work on several freedesktop modules, and
am even the maintainer of upower. I'm not talking about sharing code.
Sharing a simple interface is what I'm talking about.

Richard.