[Openicc] [ANNOUNCE] Compicc 0.8.3

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 05:20:43 PST 2010

On 25 November 2010 15:12, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> The project brings you instant desktop colour correction on GPU through the
> compiz window manager. It supports multi monitors and live connecting. The
> implicite colour conversion appears on the fly.

One thing that confuses me is how you should be dealing with VCGT
data. For profiles that have VCGT data, do you create a tonecurve for
each channel to remove the VCGT effect before you apply the GPU
transform or just push the VCGT data to the video card like normal?

I must admit, I'm not completely sure of the role of VCGT in a
late-bound color workflow.

Richard.