[Openicc] ICC meta Tag for Monitor Profiles - DRAFT 2

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Dec 1 02:18:55 PST 2010

Am 01.12.10, 10:03 -0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 1 December 2010 09:32, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>> ==Definition==
>> The following key/value pairs are defined
>> * (key: value)
>> * EDID_mnft:         decoded three byte string from EDID address 8-9
>
> No "EDID_md5"?

That would conflict with the proposal rules, as the MD5 is rather fixed.
MD5 would easily break in case a vendor uses the flexibility build into
the current set of tags. How would a DVI 128 bit and a HDMI 256 bit EDID
from the same monitor with the same characteristics compare. Do you plan
to embed both versions of EDID block inside the same profile?

> That's the one I really want to use in GCM. Matching a single hash is
> much easier that parsing and comparing all those string values.

Lookup of profiles with the described meta tag inside is in Oyranos
rather fast.