[Openicc] ICC meta Tag for Monitor Profiles - DRAFT 2

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 02:32:33 PST 2010

On 1 December 2010 10:18, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> That would conflict with the proposal rules, as the MD5 is rather fixed.
> MD5 would easily break in case a vendor uses the flexibility build into the
> current set of tags. How would a DVI 128 bit and a HDMI 256 bit EDID from
> the same monitor with the same characteristics compare. Do you plan to embed
> both versions of EDID block inside the same profile?

I'm not sure you would want them to compare. In GCM I'm just using the
EDID_ properties to associate the internally generated profiles with
the outputs, and so a different EDID would result in two automatic
profiles being created, and the correct one used for each output type.

Either way, I've added support for the basic match tags in GCM. Patch
attached in case anyone is interested, although I'm still waiting for
DICT lcms2 support before it actually works.

Richard.