[Openicc] colord 0.1.0 released!

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Mon Jan 17 04:45:21 PST 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:56:19 +0100 (MET), Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> Am 16.01.11, 22:08 -0500 schrieb Robert Krawitz:
>>
>> We've been looking at whether and how to identify options that may
>> affect the color output.  Many options (including, of course, media
>> type, resolution, and color model, but also a lot more) affect the
>> color output, but there are other options (such as media size,
>> borderless/full bleed, unidirectional/bidirectional head movement)
>> that don't.  Would it be useful to be able to flag these options in
>> the PPD file somehow, and if so, how?
>
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc#PPDcolouring
> The above proposal came out of the discussion here on list last august (2010) in the thread "PPD colouring". Its about using a ColorKeyWords in PPDs to mark colour related options.
> (That is implemented in Oyranos' CUPS configuration backend.)

Now I remember.  Is there any restriction on how many *ColorKeyWords
lines there can be, and they can be anywhere in the file?  Neither of
those questions is answered in the spec.

I want to put one

*ColorKeyWords

before each such option in the PPD file -- it's simply going to be
easier from a coding standpoint.