[Openicc] Assigning icc profiles to driver settings

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:30:40 PST 2011

Kai-Uwe,

If I may be more explicit, you cannot get a print out of an inkjet
driver like Gutenprint without its knowing about ink curves etc.- and
the idea is to move this printing data into a place where it is
visible to all users.

I see no reason to make this in any way dependent on the ICC, and
ICC-sanctioned formats apart from the fact that one "setting" may be
an ICC profile and other CMS stuff. In most cases the printer driver
itself will never and should never see the actual profile.

Edmund