[Openicc] meta data in test chart

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jan 20 19:44:21 PST 2011

I don't thoroughly understand all of the components and how they interact with each other. But from a end-user advocate perspective, the very generic way I'd like it to work is that everything related to the print condition is a single sharable file. It would contain: the state of all drive dialog options such as resolution, screening, color mode, inkset, etc, any externally referenced calibration file, any externally referenced ICC profile. All in one shareable package.

Now, can this be exported and imported from the print dialog driver window? There are advantages to this. Or would it be managed by a separate application? In that case we could choose presents to share and smash them all into a single shareable package: all ICC profiles, PPDs, settings, etc. for all of the chosen preset printing conditions.

Chris Murphy