[Openicc] meta data in test chart

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:00:05 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> I don't thoroughly understand all of the components and how they interact with each other. But from a end-user advocate perspective, the very generic way I'd like it to work is that everything related to the print condition is a single sharable file. It would contain: the state of all drive dialog options such as resolution, screening, color mode, inkset, etc, any externally referenced calibration file, any externally referenced ICC profile. All in one shareable package.

I agree that at the very least one should be able as a user to
retrieve such a file, so as to have the "recipe" which can then be
handed out.

There are obvious reasons why this amalgamated model is very nice.
There are unobvious reasons why things won't get done this way
internally (eg. print settings contain paper feed settings, but paper
feed settings  have little to do with ink-curves, so we have a tuple)

Edmund