[Openicc] meta data in test chart

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:39:11 PST 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 21.01.11, 05:00 +0100 schrieb edmund ronald:
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:44 AM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't thoroughly understand all of the components and how they interact
>>> with each other. But from a end-user advocate perspective, the very generic
>>> way I'd like it to work is that everything related to the print condition is
>>> a single sharable file. It would contain: the state of all drive dialog
>>> options such as resolution, screening, color mode, inkset, etc, any
>>> externally referenced calibration file, any externally referenced ICC
>>> profile. All in one shareable package.

> I think we have to do a cut here. IMO it would be straight forward to just
> care about settings being colour related. After all that sounds to me like
> what you want with the calibration "recipe".

Yes, I too think that many of the settings have *nothing* to do with
color. However as we need to solve the problem of those that do and
those that don't we would prefer to do that uniformly, once for all.
The ICC profile is just one more setting to us, at the Gutenprint
level; however each "normal" job should ultimately invoke a canned
profile, just as it invokes a canned paper size.

Edmund