[Openicc] Print Color Pipeline

Hal V. Engel hvengel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:01:11 PST 2011

On Monday, January 24, 2011 09:39:44 am Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 24.01.11, 17:02 +0100 schrieb edmund ronald:
> > You know, maybe the gimp-usability guys have some suggestions here?
> > I think they're one of the most affected apps for profiled printing.
> > In fact, one of the big arguments for Linux would be to have a
> > seamless Gimp setup, equivalent to the seamless Photoshop setup you
> > get with the Mac.
>
> Agreed. Peter Sikking has already prepared ideas for a UI. As it stands
> now, IMO the common print dialog (CPD) would be the single best
> controlable entry point for colour management settings.
> Do plan Krita and Scribus to use that dialog for local printing?
>
> kind regards
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann

OpenPrinting in conjunction with Peter Skilling (Peter is also the person who
is working with GIMP on it's UI) has a nice printing UI designed as part of
it's Common Printing Dialog project.  Unfortunately work on the CPD is at a
standstill because of funding short falls.

CPD, CUPS and Oyranos/colord need to be considered as a whole since these need
to integrate with each other in order to provide a seamless printing
environment.

As a side note the CPD also uses DBus.

Hal