[Openicc] meta data in test chart

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 10:53:36 PST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Alastair M. Robinson
> Yup, that's great - the trick is allowing applications to make use of that
> without being hampered by fallback support for legacy applications, and
> escape hatches for printing pre-targetted images such as profiling charts.

The worst single mistake in the OS X design was to conflate untagged
(unknown colorspace)  and untagged (devicespace).  So now we have some
new colorspace tags:

- DeviceRGB
- DeviceCMYK
- Unknown RGB
- Unknown CMYK

If we define a decent default behavior for DeviceRGB (I suggest assume
sRGB) then I think for the Gimp and profiling that just about covers
the  fallbacks and escape hatches.

Edmund