[Openicc] Linux CM ideology, was: meta data in test chart

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 02:38:36 PST 2011

On 28 January 2011 10:25, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> Compiz is a compositing window manager. It can even run stand alone other
> than Gnome or KDE window managers.

Sure, but I was advised to not base any future projects on top of
compiz by the X developers.

>> My idea was to put the pixel conversion higher up in the window
>> manager itself, in my case mutter, and use GLSL shaders attached to
>> contexts themselves and allow GL and the WM to do all the heavy
>> lifting for things like intersections and windows being dragged about.
>
> No need to reinvent the wheel. Tomas did this stuff back in 2008 already.

Sure agreed, see my comment above.

> Does this code support the net-color spec for opt-out of colour management?

No, I never got past the "wee, it works!" phase. I'm not sure the
net-color spec makes a ton of sense when you're talking about high
level actors, and in my opinion it would make more sense to put this
in the high level toolkit and do something like,
gtk_widget_set_color_managed (widget, FALSE) or the equivalent in QT.

Richard.