[Openicc] Linux CM ideology

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Jan 28 03:13:24 PST 2011

Am 28.01.11, 10:38 -0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 28 January 2011 10:25, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Compiz is a compositing window manager. It can even run stand alone other
>> than Gnome or KDE window managers.
>
> Sure, but I was advised to not base any future projects on top of
> compiz by the X developers.

You are quick at blaming other peoples projects without much examination.
But can you back up your above statement? I doubt it.

>> Does this code support the net-color spec for opt-out of colour management?
>
> No, I never got past the "wee, it works!" phase. I'm not sure the
> net-color spec makes a ton of sense when you're talking about high
> level actors, and in my opinion it would make more sense to put this
> in the high level toolkit and do something like,
> gtk_widget_set_color_managed (widget, FALSE) or the equivalent in QT.

At least the net-color spec allowes any application running on Xorg to
benefit from fast colour conversions. Thats completely different from
constructing a club.
Further the net-color spec follows the opt-out colour management model in
printing. And now we are back at the actual toppic ;-)