[Openicc] Linux CM ideology, was: meta data in test chart

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Tue Feb 1 20:21:30 PST 2011

Chris Murphy wrote:

> To move to something else requires Adobe, but Adobe isn't even on Linux. I don't know
> what their interest in this is.

Chris Cox, on one of their forums explained this pretty clearly.
See <http://forums.adobe.com/message/3116658>
There simply isn't the demand for Adobe products on Linux to justify
the considerable expense involved in supporting Linux. They do survey
interest, but there is little. This is hardly a surprise when many
people will choose their platform specifically to be able to access
the best available tools. (ie. Graphics arts people will buy a Mac
to get all the Apple and Adobe graphics tools.)