[Openicc] Linux CM ideology, was: meta data in test chart

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 21:59:46 PST 2011

Graeme,

 I think the TV movie guys and camera guys are going to end up
figuring out a model which works for them, just to get things working
reasonably well - customers who walk into a TV store expect to compare
TVs, cinematographers expect their theater and TV audience to share an
experience etc - I think at some point these people are going to
figure out a model which allows them to quickly measure a device and
get decent video or image color on it. Remember that these guys know
that they will soon be dealing both with wide gamut but also high
dynamic range devices.

Edmund