[Openicc] Linux CM ideology... ICC image map converter

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:04:12 PST 2011

On 4 February 2011 15:46, Jan-Peter Homann <homann at colormanagement.de> wrote:
> I´m writing, that it makes a lot of sense, when we have something like "ICC
> image map converter" which is avilable on system / toolkit level and which
> is smoothly integrated into an "ICC profile repository" like e.g. Gnome
> color manager or Oyranos.

I think doing the actual conversion in clutter is a good place for a
late bound workflow, as we have access to the 3d engine. In this case,
GTK (or mutter itself) grabs the settings from GCM and passes it to
mutter. If we're not in 3d, or using an early bound workflow, then
doing it as a cairo solution would also work, and be easier to
implement.

> This "ICC image map converter" should transform both image maps for output
> to the monitor or for print out.

In GTK we use cairo for printing too. "Print preview" support would be
very easy to add.

Richard.