[Openicc] Linux CM ideology .. Linux CM proposal

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 07:31:51 PST 2011

On 8 February 2011 14:00, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> While sqlite is "lite", I'd prefer to have things in ASCII text files
> as much as possible -- those can be inspected and fixed if necessary.

I'm not sure having the user "tweak" the mapping is something that I
really want. With colord, there is a colormgr command line client to
add and remove mappings, and to append qualifiers to certain profiles
in a safe abstracted way. That's the level of advanced usage I had
planned.

If editing is a planned feature, then that rules out JSON, XML or any
structured markup. No user should be subjected to that.

Richard.