[Openicc] CUPS Color Management under Linux gets into distros

Hal V. Engel hvengel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:49:36 PST 2011

On Wednesday, February 09, 2011 12:29:18 AM Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> Handlingg of Rendering Intents (and also using the Output Intent as
> target profile can be tested with the Altona testsuite.
> Look at the orange green rectangels bottom right and read the documentation
>
> Best regards
> Jan-Peter
>
> http://www.eci.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=en%3Adownloads&cache=cache&media=do
> wnloads:altona_test_suite:altona_visual_1v2a_x3.pdf
>
> http://www.eci.org/lib/exe/fetch.php?id=en%3Adownloads&cache=cache&media=do
> wnloads:altona_test_suite:altonatestsuite_documentation_eng.pdf
>
> > The devs have asked if I (or anyone else) can provide some example PDF
> > files that use rendering intents in various ways so that they have
> > some examples to look at and test with. If anyone has some thing like
> > this please post it to the bug report. If you are having problems
> > doing this please send the PDF to me and I will post it.
> >

> > Hal

There is now a patch for poppler in the bug report for this.  But testing does
not get the correct results asthere is no difference where RI should affect
things.   I added some debugging statements to the code so I could see what it
was doing and it appears to now be passing the correct RI values in when it
creates the transform.  So I don't know why it is not working.  Perhaps others
here can have a look and perhaps see what is going wrong.

Hal

PS:  The patch applies cleanly to poppler 0.16.2 and I used that version for
my testing.