[Openicc] CUPS Color Management under Linux gets into distros

Hal V. Engel hvengel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:33:32 PST 2011

I had a closer look at the PDF files produced by the Qt print dialog.  I see
the following:

1.  The first line is

%PDF-1.4

So these are NOT PDF/X.

2. All image objects are either DeviceRGB or DeviceGray even when using a
color managed app like Krita with a color managed image.   Looking at the code
in QPdfEnginePrivate I see that that this is hard coded.

3. Images are always 8 bits/channel or less.  QImage limitation.

So the Qt PDF print work flow will need a lot of work done to it to be fully
useable.  Has anyone here who works on Qt or KDE based imaging apps like krita
or Scribus have any work arounds for this?

Hal