[Openicc] colord Printing Plans

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:09:48 PST 2011

On 24 February 2011 19:32, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> You appears to have no idea about this question in your concept. That makes
> it not less relevant to provide a answere at this stage.

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say, sorry.

> When does CUPS display correction? In the Gnome file browser?

Erm, no. CUPS doesn't do the display correction. colord has the policy
which the session agent then applies. This has to be done in the
session as the system does not have access to Xorg. I'm not sure why
the file browser would be involved.

> CUPS has already a answere to server side profile configuration. It is the
> cupsICCProfile. In case the PPD allows only to modify the three attributes
> which colord uses as well, all work is done for server side profile
> selection. You are introducing a redundant path for no benefit.

At least on this system all the PPD files are managed by my packaging
system, and editing those files isn't a good idea. I shouldn't be
editing PPD files to change the default printer profile, just like I
shouldn't be editing xorg.conf for a display profile.

> Postscript is done. Why spent time on that?

We still use the PS workflow in Fedora.

Richard.