[Openicc] Fwd: colord Printing Plans

Michael Vrhel michael.vrhel at artifex.com
Fri Feb 25 09:10:26 PST 2011

Forgot to cc in OpenICC on this...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Vrhel <michael.vrhel at artifex.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 9:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Openicc] colord Printing Plans
To: Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com>

Chris,

Yes this is only applicable for the cross-mode case.  I agree that having
different defaults in different regions is going to be needed (e.g. An
agreed upon Fogra CMYK type in Europe).   SWOP TR003 2007 CMYK is the
recommended default for XPS undefined CMYK values and will be the "default"
that comes with ghostscript, but which can be easily changed.   What default
is used by Adobe Acrobat?  Does is vary by region?

Michael