[Openicc] colord Printing Plans, CPD and Gutenprint

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 27 14:01:42 PST 2011

Hi,

On 27/02/11 01:24, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> Alastair, if we provided something like this within libgutenprint,
> would you use it in PhotoPrint?  Or is this something you see
> PhotoPrint as doing, in which case it would make more sense to put it
> in our CUPS driver?

I don't see PhotoPrint doing this itself, but I'm undecided whether
Gutenprint would be the right layer for querying this, even for as
low-level a client as PhotoPrint.  If gutenprint ends up bundling any
profiles, then it would be useful for it to be able to indicate to a
client app which of them is appropriate.  Where things get messy is when
custom profiles are installed - keeping track of that would be beyond
Gutenprint's scope, and into the scope of colord / Oyranos, yes?

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson