[Openicc] Helping with colord

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 19:11:51 PST 2011

On 3/7/11, Andrzej Nowicki wrote:
> I have read the colord main website but wanted further answers. I have many
> requests for different information from the developers:
>
> 1.   Is colord community receptive to additional members and outside help or
> is an individual project?

Yes

> 2.   As colord is obsoleting oyranos will there be any integration work
> alongside other such softwares?

You know, we have quite enough of anti-RedHat nonsense in this list
already. Spilling even more oil into the fire is something we could do
without. Colord doesn't oboslete Oyranos. Period.

> 3.   Would financial backing of colord be permitted?

Would you like to elaborate?

> 4.   We are using Ubuntu and are compiling locally here. When will .deb
> packages be available for Ubuntu?

IIRC, GTK+ based UI for colord depends on the version of gio that is
part of upcoming GNOME 3. That should give you idea :)

> 5.   What is planned after display, scanner and printing support?
> Calibration devices?

Hmmm? Not sure what you mean. GNOME Color Manager supports creating
profiles for both displays and printers using calibration/profiling
devices. Is that what you mean?

> 6.   Are any developers near Poland? I would very much like to invite a
> developer to talk about colord.

Richard is in Britain.