[Openicc] Helping with colord

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Sun Mar 6 23:19:18 PST 2011

Andrzej Nowicki wrote:
> 1.   Is colord community receptive to additional members and outside help or
> is an individual project?

Hmm. _Is_ there a "colord community" ?

At the moment the way I see it is that it's a project that Richard Hughes
is enthusiastic about and doing a lot of work on, but the wider
Open System community is far from agreed that it is the way forward.
It has a particular advantage in being automatically included in Red Hat
distributions, whereas other alternatives have to rely much more
on people deciding to use them.

> 2.   As colord is obsoleting oyranos will there be any integration work
> alongside other such softwares?

There is no suggestion that colord "obsoletes" oyranos. My impression
at the moment is that oyranos is a far more mature system.