[Openicc] Helping with colord

Andrzej Nowicki andrzej.nowicki80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:24:13 PST 2011

On 7 March 2011 07:19, Graeme Gill <graeme at argyllcms.com> wrote:
> There is no suggestion that colord "obsoletes" oyranos. My impression
> at the moment is that oyranos is a far more mature system.

We initially wanted to build on oyranos also. We spent much time
studying oyranos in the last weeks but came to the conclusions:

1.    Oyranos had a poor chance of being picked up by distributions
2.    Oyranos had no dbus interfaces (we use dbus many times in our
research projects)
3.    Oyranos had no python interface code

We appreciated developing on a new project such as colord is a large
amount of risk, but we felt it had the better architecture and had a
chance of being included in distributions in the future.

Many thanks,

Andrzej NOWICKI