[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: Helping with colord

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 01:14:54 PST 2011

Of course I didn't :)
I had scheduled a set of tests against an expensive instrument, but
they never got done (not my fault) and I stopped development at that
point.

However the technology and calibration issues are the same as with any
colorimeter; I wouldn't expect any surprises, other than the perennial
matrix issues. In fact, I would expect my design to perform better
than Huey, which at the time I did this was the low-cost instrument to beat.

My guess is that the technology I used was intended for, and will be
or is found in some self-calibrating screens, where of course the
calibration issues can be solved at manufacture time, and later by
remeasuring with a spectro.

I should stress that I did the hardware design myself, and had some
protos fabricated, and wrote the Mac instrument drivers, I did not
write full calibration software.

Edmund