[Openicc] Helping with colord

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Mon Mar 7 06:15:14 PST 2011

Andrzej Nowicki wrote:
> 3.    An over-complicated codebase with it's own object system

Hmm. I think you'll find many pieces of software that strive to
be standalone and avoid unnecessary dependencies end up with their
own version of an object system. It's certainly much easier to
make use of someone else's environment, but it then ties you in,
and restricts the range of systems something will run on.

[I did take a look at GObjects at one stage, but they seem horrifically
  complicated, so I certainly have sympathy for other developers who
  have chosen not to use them.]