[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: Helping with colord

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Mar 7 12:51:31 PST 2011

I wish a grant were possible to determine the accuracy of EDID primary information. With display technologies all over the map, a colorimeter is ill equipped to do a good job all of the time due to mismatching primaries to the color matrix in the colorimeter (or its software). I am presently unconvinced that most people need a colorimeter in this category. It really takes a spectro to be sure. I have seen colorimeters, including the Huey, do a worse job than default EDID based profiles, with common displays.

Chris Murphy