[Openicc] [argyllcms] Re: Helping with colord

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:02:17 PST 2011

On 7 March 2011 20:51, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> I wish a grant were possible to determine the accuracy of EDID primary information. With display technologies all over the map, a colorimeter is ill equipped to do a good job all of the time due to mismatching primaries to the color matrix in the colorimeter (or its software). I am presently unconvinced that most people need a colorimeter in this category. It really takes a spectro to be sure. I have seen colorimeters, including the Huey, do a worse job than default EDID based profiles, with common displays.

GCM already auto-generates rough profiles according to the EDID
primaries. I'm still not sure how I should be generating the VCGT,
should I just be assuming the table should be linear and then adjust
the temperature to something like D50? Are there any helper functions
in lcms to change the color temperature of a gamma table by linearly
adjusting the blue and red channels? This seems a bit like a hack to
me. Ideas welcome.

Richard.