[Openicc] Helping with colord

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Mar 8 22:39:58 PST 2011

On Mar 8, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> either perfect architecture that takes
> virtually everything into consideration, or an actually ready to use
> implementation of not so perfect architecture that will be fleshed out
> later. Either, or. Period.

> But it's been, how many -- four?
> five? -- years since then, and the question I'm asking is: are we
> getting things done?

Lack of focus, lack of direction. This forum is a cocktail party, that is occasionally a saloon. I readily point a finger, and a half, at myself.

No doubt most open source projects start without money, without being in distributions, and without being installed by default. But the ones still around, that have endured, have some kind of leadership. I will bet.

What's the goal? Where are we now? What are the milestones? What are some realistic time frames? Who is involves? What are the roles? What are the responsibilities? And probably need moderation for the forum with assignments for discussion. I don't mean shut down other conversations - but presently we have no concrete assignments: Jan-Peter's initiation posts are very close to these assignments, which I think are good. But they are like boxcars that are easily derailed, because we have no rails: a goal off in the distance with a time frame, and milestones as the track.

Otherwise, I'd like to order a vodka martini, straight up, olives. And make it with Sobieski, please.