[Openicc] Helping with colord

Graeme Gill graeme at argyllcms.com
Wed Mar 9 13:03:16 PST 2011

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> As far as I can tell, no hard dependency in this case means a minimal
> local copy of Elektra, statically compiled with Oyranos. And it also
> means that by the time it happened, design decision for GNOME had
> already been made. I really don't understand why after repeatedly
> mentioning the timing this question keeps popping up.

What's the relevance though ? GNOME is an independent project.
The very point of this forum is to try and find some common
ground between these independent projects.
(ie. why should Oyranos suddenly be trying to follow what GCM
  is doing just because it appeared ? Oyranos has precedence, GCM
  is the newcomer.)

> This is what I very much hope will happen :)

This is about the third time I've put this forward. There's not
much indication anything is going to happen this time either.