[Openicc] Gutenprint and OpenICC

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Wed Mar 9 00:21:00 PST 2011

Hello alastair and others
I´m bringing back this private discussion to OpenICC, because I think it
belongs here...
I agree to your proposal. (at the end of this e-mail)

But what I still havn´t understand:
- How does pdftoraster interacts with PPD and cupsICCprofile ?
(The user chooses in the printing UI a mediasetting provided by the PPD.
This triggers cupsICCprofile. But how does the pdftoraster gets the
information from cupsICCprofile ?

- How to update mediasettings in the printing UI ?
 From my knowledge, the mediasettings in the printing UI are dependent
from the PPD. If we update mediasettings, we have to update the PPD
first, before it will visible in the printing UI, correct ?

- how to specify a rendering intent in the printing UI ?
cupsICCprofile provides some mechanism, to specify a profile for
mediasetting in the cups environment. But I don´t see how a rendering
intent can be specifies in the CUPS environment ?

kind regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------