[Openicc] colord 0.1.6 released!

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:52:35 PDT 2011

On 24 April 2011 17:39, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/11, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
>> Notes:
>>  - Sensor devices are now being managed by colord to make calibration a
>>    nicer experience in the desktop.
>
> Exactly what does it mean? :)

Well, basically that we poke the hardware in colord, so the desktop
application doesn't have to open the hardware in a user session as
root and screenscrape argyllcms for the values. I've initially
targeted the HUEY as this is the sensor found in the laptop I'm
supporting (and also what I have as external hardware).

With this we can periodically check the screen and if required
recalibrate and create a data file to feed into argyllcms. At the
moment calibration is really fragile, and also asks the user loads of
semi-random questions, and this really upsets the GNOME design guys.

Richard.