[Openicc] colord 0.1.6 released!

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue Apr 26 00:49:52 PDT 2011

Hello list, Richard and Graeme,
I think, that direct support of measuremnts equipment makes a lot of
sense for a LINUX colormanagement framework.

Graeme, could you imagine to make the ArgyllCMS code for support of
measuremnt instruments available to colord / Oyranos ?

question to the LINUX geeks:
I think dealing with measurements instruments under LINUX is comparable
with dealing with graohic cards. Is there an example avilable, where a
vendor for graphics cards changed his licensing policy to open source
drivers and sells more graphic cards to the LINUX community ?

Background of my question is the communication with X-Rite. I think if
we can provide examples, that a more open licensing politic leads
increases the amount of sold units, this will help much to solve the
ongoing problems with support for X-Rite instruments under LINUX.

best regards
Jan-Peter