[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: opensource and ICC licenses

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 5 06:51:10 PDT 2011

On 5 May 2011 14:17, edmund ronald <edmundronald at gmail.com> wrote:
> ....*I* will be writing the license to those profiles (as the
> software author does not claim any) and *I* intend to GPL or creative
> commons license any profiles for distribution with Gutenprint. Or any
> another license you like, eg.BSD.

Please choose a well known licence, e.g. one of
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/ -- I'm not sure a "code" license
like GPL or BSD makes much sense in the context of a generated binary
blob.

I would love people to use something like CC BY. Using an off-the-wall
or modified license means it's very hard for the data to get into
distros like Fedora and Debian and pretty much impossible to get into
products like RHEL.

Richard.