[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu May 5 12:38:29 PDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 1:24 PM, Alastair M. Robinson wrote:

> Having a CPD flag that applications use to signal that "advanced" options should be shown would be just about tolerable, I suppose, but still seems like needlessly sacrificing functionality on the altar of user-friendliness to me.  (And we see so much of that these days that some of us, myself included, are admittedly hyper-sensitive and quick to shout if we see any hint of it happening!)

This is not a hill I'm going to die on. However, I just think we're talking about an extreme fraction of users who need to even use the feature so why subject real estate, even in advanced options. This will certainly be the least used advanced option.

It isn't merely about user friendly. It's about use necessary. I just don't see the vast majority of apps needing such a control, therefore there is no sacrificed function.