[Openicc] GoSoC 2011: CPD and target printing

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue May 10 14:23:25 PDT 2011

Hello Kai-Uwe and Richard.
Reading the documentation for Oyranos and g-c-m / colord I still don´t
understand, how following steps / uses cases are solved:

- how are ICC-profiles linked to printer settings ?
(which tool should be used ?)

- what is the undelying mechanism, that the  user chooses a printer
setting in the printing panel and the assigned profile is automatically
used ?

- what is the mechanism, to integrate new combinations of printer setups
and assigned profiles in the printing GUI through the user ?

For Oyranos:
is there currently a solution available, that Oyranos could set the
target profile in pdftoraster (GhostScript, Poppler ?)

Thanks and best regards
Jan-Peter

--
----------  Please note the new adress --------------