[Openicc] Thoughts

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Wed May 11 11:24:40 PDT 2011

KB> We need a specific dialog if we want to provide a example
KB> implementation inside a GUI. Of course the OpenICC GSoC project
KB> should work as well from the command line and standalone.

I didn't write that it is of no value; but instead that the vast
majority of apps will not use it.

Most apps will use their toolkit's printing dialog.

The CPD's greatest value will be as an example of how a quality
printing dialog should look and function.

My real point was that we should try to get CM improvements into the
toolkit dialogs as soon as we can; that we should not wait for the
completion of the CPD.

Ie, that parallel beats sequential in this case.

I do /not/ want to discourage the CPD completion.

-JimC