[Openicc] GSoC'11 Project Introduction

Joseph Simon jsimon383 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 16:25:57 PDT 2011

Greetings everyone!

My name is Joe and I am the student who will be working on the
CUPS/Color-management project for GSoC'11. It is nice to meet everyone
on the list.

I have been reading up on the discussions for the project and have
come to the realization of just how important this project really is -
I was actually a little shocked at first!

There are so many variables and ideas for the project and its workflow
that, well... it's a little difficult to find a good first step in
writing any code.  So far I've mainly kept myself occupied by reading
the references Till and Kai-Uwe have given to me:

http://wiki.openusability.org/wiki/printing/index.php/Photo_printers_parameter_specifications#Color_Management_and_the_CPD
https://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=Device_Settings#Printing

For this week, I want to take a little more time to digest on what has
been discussed and quickly get started on the coding.  Many of my
status updates will be submitted weekly to the GSoC-specific list and
on my blog (jsimon3.wordpress.com).

Thank you, and I look forward to our interactions.

Joe Simon