[Openicc] cupsICC on remote CUPS servers Part 2

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue May 24 06:01:19 PDT 2011

On 24 May 2011 13:35, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> However normal users might have no control over a CUPS server in many cases.
> Imagine a user can sit in a school or facility and the admins do not want
> any unprivileged user to fiddle with persistent CUPS server settings.

Also, when you calibrate a printer, you want to install the profiles
on the print server and configure it once, rather than have to set up
the new profile on every client that can connect to the printer. The
exception to this is where the user specifies an embedded output
profile, which we'll respect no matter what.

Richard.