[Openicc] What is exactly needed for color management ... Rendering INtent

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Wed Jun 1 00:22:35 PDT 2011

Hello Richard and all,
If you deal with rendering intents, you either need a default setup and
a place where the user can make a choice.
If you don´t offer the choice as an advantaged option in CPD, the
framework and GUI for this choice has to be implenented in the EVERY
application and must be coordinated with the toolkits for PDF print
spool file generation.

This is definetely much more work than a simple patch.

If the toolkits for print spool PDF deliver DeviceRGB PDF files, which I
expect will be the standard for the next 1-2 years, we MUST have
gstoraster default wich is either perceptual or relative colorimetric
with blackpoint compensation (I prefer second). Please make shure, that
the gstoraster default is NOT relative colorimetric without blackpoint
compensation, because this will lead to loss of details especially for
plain paper settings.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--