[Openicc] colord 0.1.9 released - CM Framework - Printer Driver

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 08:26:32 PDT 2011

On 20 June 2011 16:15, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> Thats illusionary. To call the user wish *insane* to have multiple CMS
> on board is exceeding. Sounds like users are insane when they wish to
> install KDE if they have GNOME on the partition, or can not install
> Windows when there is Linux on the computer.

A user desktop environment is a different thing to a system framework.

I also think people are insane when they try to run ConnMan and
NetworkManager at the same time, upstart and systemd, or mix dmraid
with mdraid devices.

As soon as you have 'n' applications interfacing with 'n' subsystems
doing the same thing, then you have n^2 complexity. We can't even get
applications like OpenOffice color managed, or get ICC v4 profiles
working in firefox, so asking for true runtime interoperability
between differing CMFs is just wishful thinking at best.

> You self has started a new CMS project and clearly advanced the path to
> multiple CMS on Linux.

No, I have not. I've not written anywhere that colord interoperates
with oyranos, and I'm not overly concerned about doing so.

Why? Well, because nothing actually uses Oyranos in the real world.
There, I've said it.

Richard