[Openicc] Suggestion on the Device Config JSON format

Sebastian Oliva tian2992 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 11:42:20 PDT 2011

Hello,
While working on my GSoC project to create an on line web-service
repository of color profiles, I have been using the device profiles
format to feed data on the repository.

While implementing the format, it came to my attention, that the
actual format uses enumeration of devices, such as """ {1: {
device:abcd } , 2:{ device: wxyz} } """ to represent an array of
devices.
The JSON spec [1], includes a native array class that would change the
representation of the previous array to something like: """
[{device:abcd},{device:efgh}] """ a more detailed example is in [2]. I
suggest this change, as it would ease the implementation with native
JSON decoders.

I am unaware of other projects implementing this format, but I'd like
their opinion on this proposal as well.

Regards,
Sebastian Oliva

[1]: http://www.json.org/