[Openicc] W3C recommendations for displaying RGB JPEG images with embedded ICC-profiles

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:20:00 PDT 2011

On 15 August 2011 17:01, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
> A GPU colour conversion from sRGB to display colour space can be very easily
> added.

Android doesn't have any requirement on GPU acceleration. Any
fullscreen correction would have to be done on the CPU, which is not
ideal on a battery powered smartphone. I'm pretty sure the guys at
google would rather this be done in the application in a super-smart
way, although I'm sure it would be much easier to actually ask them
why there's no display profile shipped with the devices.

Richard.